Mocon (and its related entities) is bound by the Privacy Act and the Australian Privacy Principles “APP”.
Please note that if at any time Mocon is required by law to release information about you or your organisation, Mocon must cooperate fully.
Why does Mocon collect information and how is your information used?
Mocon uses the information collected to send you information relating to you or your business (either by post, fax or e-mail) that you have requested.
Mocon may also from time to time use the information to send you information that has not been explicitly requested, such as a newsletter or other information that may be relevant to you or your circumstances.
If at any time you receive material that you did not request or do not want to receive any more, please refer to the Correcting and Updating Your Profile section below or contact the partner responsible for managing your affairs.
Mocon collects information from and about prospective employees to enable us to assess whether they are suitable for employment.
What happens if you do not provide information?
If we do not collect requested information from you we are unable to complete the work that you have engaged us to perform. As a result we may be unable to satisfy the statutory reporting requirements as set down by regulatory bodies, on your behalf. Consequently significant penalties may be incurred, and we cannot provide accurate advice and consulting services to you, which may be to the detriment of your business in the long term.
Who does Mocon disclose information to?
Mocon will not sell, rent, trade or otherwise supply to third parties any information relating to you or your business except as necessary to carry out our business or as required by law or other legal processes.
How will Mocon keep your information secure?
Mocon have security measures designed to protect against loss, misuse and/or alteration of any information under its control. These include:-
• Premises that are fully secured with access codes required for entry.
• Access to our computer systems is restricted and all data is password protected.
• All Mocon employees, as part of their employment contracts, are required to sign confidentiality agreements. These agreements are specifically designed to protect the privacy of our clients and their businesses.
Correcting and updating your information
Mocon gives you the following options for accessing and modifying information previously provided:
• You may gain access to information that Mocon has collected about you and your business, by contacting the partner responsible for managing your affairs. Mocon will not charge you for responding to such a request, unless costs are incurred in providing the information.
• You may email, fax or post any changes to your personal or business details to the Mocon office.